Forest of Dean and Wye Valley Tourism maintains a private members Facebook group which is free for members to join. The purpose of the group is for our members to connect and network, discuss issues, ask for advice and support each other in our collected aim to make our area one of the top UK tourist destinations. We also regularly post relevant business information, marketing campaign information, training sessions and any requests which come in from consumers. Being part of this group is beneficial to your business and one of the added benefits of being a member.
How to Join:
As a member we invite you to join:
NB. When you request to join you will be asked which member business you are from. You need to answer this message with your business name (sorry but it’s not always obvious to us!). Once you have answered with the name of your business you will be admitted to the group.
How to Use Our Members Group:
When you join Forest of Dean and Wye Valley Tourism as a new member, please do join the group and write an introductory post to introduce yourself and your business. Connecting with local business owners is often one of the main reasons our members join us and this group is an ideal way to introduce yourself. If you have any connections you would like to make please ask them here, for example if you are an accommodation provider you might like to know what attractions are nearby or what food and drink deliveries there are. If you are an activity provider you might like to know what accommodation is near you or what delis can deliver picnic hampers to your location.
The more who belong and who visit and interact with the group regularly, the more useful the group will be for all.
The Facebook group is limited to individuals representing paid up member businesses. FDWVT Member Group is a private group, which means that anyone can find the group but only members can see and interact with posts.
Any member can ask to join, but the administrators have to give approval before they can join. This allows us to control that only members can see posts.
Below is a basic set of Do’s and Don’t’s to be used as guidelines for the group:
- DO – ask for and/or give advice.
- DO – use the group for personal enquiries such as advice on services, marketing etc.
- DO – share any training information that may be relevant for members.
- DO – share good news.
- DO – ask for partners to collaborate on initiatives – e.g. if you’re a hotel creating packages for specific customers and you’re looking for businesses offering a relevant service.
- DO – introduce yourself and your business when you join our membership! It helps us all to put a face to the name.
- DON’T – just advertise your business, products or services, unless you are inviting members to a specific event or offering a specific service which is relevant to everyone in the group. For example – do promote a marketing course aimed at tourism but don’t promote your hotel.
- DON’T – post your website or Facebook links on this page unless they are relevant to a post that complies with the rules.
- DON’T – endorse any business which is not a member. The more we support each other the better it is for everyone.
- DON’T – criticise any other member or business.
- DON’T – ask other members for likes for your business page. This is not an advertising forum.
To ensure the best possible experience for all group members, we have established the following basic guidelines for participation:
- This is a professional business forum for our members and we ask members to act and communicate in a spirit of collaboration, positive support and mutual respect towards each other.
- If you are going to comment, we would prefer it if you could try and add value to the discussion or encouragement to fellow members. Let’s celebrate our successes and progress together. Please be friendly and civil in your posts.
- We ask that if you have any concerns about your membership, strategy or policy decisions, these are directed in the appropriate manner to Head of Membership Louise Lawrence and not posted within the group forum. This group has not been created for this purpose and these posts will be deleted.
- It is considered inappropriate to repost or draw attention to the fact that a group admin has deleted your comment.
- Anything that does not follow the rules or deemed inappropriate by the admins will be deleted or blocked immediately without warning.
Thank you and welcome to Forest of Dean and Wye Valley Tourism!