Wednesday 9 November, 11.00 to 13.00, Harts Barn Cookery School, Longhope
Hari Fell opened the meeting outlined the programme and introduced board members present. Hari explained that other directors were at the funeral of Brian Deakin to whom the association owed a great deal of thanks. She then welcomed new and prospective members
Maureen McAllister described the activities of the Association for the coming months
- Marketing plans and themes.
- Jan – Myths and legends
- Feb – Valentines/Romance
- Mar – Blossom and bluebells, Mothers Day
- Apr – Easter – spring, nature
- May – Food and Drink – Merry Month of May
- June – Fathers Day and activities
- July – Arts and Culture
- Aug – Summer Fun – activities, out and about, outdoors
- Sept – Foraging and feasts Oct –
- October – Forest showcase food and drink
- Nov – Forest on Fire – Autumn Colours – log fires – cosy retreats
- Dec – Christmas
- Sharing content from our social platforms and keeping up momentum.
- Dog blogs.
- New website – current activity and next steps.
- Myths and Legends project and request for additional content.
- Free to book widget.
- Tourism Forum – 11 January 2017.
- Importance of research and sharing data, completing the SWresearch company link requests.
- Bookers Deal.
Tom from Bookers outlined their deal and encouraged members to take part, as well as details of the other services provided by Bookers
Yvette Farrell outlined the offer at Harts Barn Cookery School, the new packages and the need to be creative with developing new offers; and then introduced the food and drink suppliers.
Members then met suppliers, tastings and discussion