Debbie Jones is a UK Photographer, specialising in food photography, product photography and videography. Whether working on location or in her dedicated studio, her time is spent bringing food and products to life.
I recently shared my newly updated website with some customers, friends and family. The overwhelming response was two-fold:
- “I feel hungry now”
- “There’s nothing about you on there”.
Now my slightly stubborn side made me think that my pictures should do the talking and I don’t need words to explain/justify myself. But then on the other hand, when you hire me to take photographs, you also hire me as the person, I never just shoot and leave.
There’s loads of stuff which “just happens” when you hire me; like making sure the pictures fit the brief, or adding styling touches or recommending an ingredient or garnish that will make something sing to the camera, diplomatically suggesting that sometimes too much on the plate really doesn’t work (not easy to say that to some chefs!) or all the post processing work that goes in after the picture is taken that you don’t see, and finally, making sure that the pictures are in the right size and format so you can effortlessly put them up on a website or straight to a designer for a last minute print deadline.
Most importantly, I specialise in food. When I shoot, I see the food not the plate.
Writing about yourself is always very difficult, so I’m going to stick to some facts (in no particular order):
- I have been taking pictures of food for a living for nearly 10 years.
- I am an accredited (BIPP) and insured professional food photographer.
- I am a qualified chef.
- I love to cook.
- I love to ignore recipes.
- I love to create recipes.
- I am addicted to sourdough bread making – my bread starter gets fed before the cat (and husband).
- I am certified/able in the dark arts of Adobe Lightroom and love to talk about it (see separate website)
- I’m inspired daily by my natural forest surroundings in the beautiful Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire.
I really am very approachable and always happy to talk through ideas, briefs or anything else food or photographic, best bet is to give me a call on 01594 372122 – if I’m not available straight away I’ll either be in the studio or the kitchen, just leave me a message and I’ll call you back as soon as I can.
In the meantime please do take a look at my website galleries for ideas and inspiration, if you leave the site feeling hungry then my work here is done.
View my pages