Wednesday 13 July, 11.00 to 13.00 at The Speech House Hotel, near Coleford
The meeting covered the following topics:
- Mark Godsland from Gloucestershire Constabulary gave an enlightening talk on cyber security, identifying some the risks and steps that individual and businesses can take to safeguard themselves. Mark has sent in a lot of very useful information and this is listed below.
- Jason Griffiths and Roger Deeks from the University of Gloucester gave a very interesting talk on Forest Literary Landscape & tourism. They talked about some of the literary giants of the Forest and a project they are working on including the development of literary walks.
- James Brown and Jane De Zutter described a unique facility, Mobiloo, offering a safe and clean changing and toilet facility to meet the needs of all disabled people in Gloucestershire (and their Carers or Personal Assistants), within a mobile van. Members were able to view the unit and see how it could be used. Further details.
- Hari Fell, board member responsible for membership, described changes in membership fees and encourage members to use the new Direct Debit facility. She also described steps being taken to recruit new members.
Mark Godsland recommends the following links.
- What to do if my business has been affected by traditional crime
- Keep your business safe online
- Keeping yourself safe
- Get safe online
- Protect your business against cyber threats
- Acton Fraud is the UK’s national fraud and internet crime reporting centre, providing a central point of contact for information about fraud and financially motivated internet crime
- Contacting Gloucestershire Constabulary
- Contacting other Constabulary’s
- Cyber security training for business
- ICO: Information Commissioner, should you be storing / using personal information for your customer base. Information on 12 steps for the changes in 2018.
- Gloucestershire Safer Cyber Forum
See also the following documents
- Cyber essentials explained
- Stay safe when you bank or shop online
- 10 reasons to buy cyber security insurance
- Cyber Security Guidance for Businesses
- Small business reputation and the cyber risk
- Mobile device security
- What should I be aware of